Southern Cross Care (Vic) (“SCCV”) is a major residential and home aged care provider across Victoria. In 2007 they were experiencing operational issues that were trending towards cashflow deficiencies and trading losses. They approached Outcomes Plus for help in turning their business around.
Outcomes Plus assisted SCCV using a top down approach. This started with a thorough examination of their existing business and recommendations for wholesale changes to their service mix and business targets. In 2008 the Board accepted the key recommendations of our report and commenced a series of bold initiatives to improve their trading and expand their business.
Outcomes Plus was a key part of this new strategy by assisting SCCV to: –
– Develop staffing profiles that better aligned with ACFI funding
– Realise non-core assets to fund the renewal of old building stock
– Identify and assist with development options for new aged care homes
– Grow the business via a series of successful tenders and acquisitions making its home care business among the largest in the state
– Engaging local communities in every development
– Other related projects that were time critical.
Today, SCCV’s home care business is approximately 50 percent larger while its residential care portfolio has expanded and is expected to almost double in size by 2020. The overall organisation has been trading at well above industry norms. Below are examples of three recent aged care homes that have been built with Outcomes Plus assistance.
An overview to improve aged care services
for your community